Saturday, May 19, 2012

#STC12 Day One - The Arrival

Day one begins dark and early, leaving our house at 6:30 am. Big thanks to my son, the fabulous Jim Dill, for chauffeuring the car back home after dropping me off at the Dulles Departures area.
Jim and me at the Dulles Departures area 
Boarding was easy. I didn't get the bodyscan nor a patdown because TSA was getting backed up and they needed to play catch up. It is bad to let you know I'm a little disappointed? Anyway, I got a nice window seat next to two nice, quiet traveling companions on the flight from Dulles to O'Hare. 
View out the window of the plane to O'Hare. I have a window seat.
O'Hare is gorgeous. I loved this artwork over the moving walkway.
Artwork over the moving walkway at O'Hare 

I am always so glad to see my suitcase when it arrives. So of course, I took a picture.
Reunited with my suitcase. I have missed you so. 

Finding the shuttle bus to the Hyatt Regency O'Hare was a little tricky. Next time, I'm told to go downstairs. I followed the directions from the luggage carousel area and went for quite a hike, just like Scott Prentice. Now he tells me.
The tweet stream about finding the shuttle would have been handy. 

So now, I am safely checked in at the Hyatt.
I am safely checked in to this nice room at the Hyatt. 
Here's what I look like from space. 

And I'm rested. And I've blogged (I set a personal goal to blog the conference).

Follow the Society for Communications 2012 Summit on twitter using the hashtag #stc12.

Now let the festivities begin!

No comments: